A Bold Beachfront Masterpiece.
50 Kewarra Street Kewarra Beach – International rockstar architect Andy Hall designed Astoria House, with a brief to create a luxurious resort-style beachfront residence. In 2018, the 1,050 sqm contemporary mansion was completed with knockout views of Double Island off Palm Cove and beyond to the Great Barrier Reef.
The five-bedroom private residence features seven-meter ceilings, a soundproof office, a saltwater aquarium, a purpose-built art gallery, a gym, a car showroom lobby, sustainability initiatives, and smart technology.
This one-off billionaire’s beach house set on 1,652 sqm of absolute beachfront land is 20 minutes from the Cairns International Airport and discretely nestled on the same beach as Palm Cove with its bounty of cafes, restaurants, and shops.
• From design concept to completion: 2015 to 2018
• Architects: MQ Studio, Shanghai
– Land 1,652 sqm
– Interiors and undercover: 1,050 sqm
• Ground-level ceiling height: 7 metres plus
• Extensive ceiling-to-floor glazing walls
• Bedrooms x 5 – each with an ensuite and custom wardrobe
• Includes principal bedroom suites x 2 – each with ensuite, sitting area, walk-in wardrobe, and ocean-front balcony
• Office x 1 with soundproof acoustics and a private ensuite • Bathrooms x 7 including a guest toilet on the ground level
• Saltwater swimming pool with a water wall and jacuzzi: 15 metres L x 6 metres W
• CCTV security
• Daikin ducted air conditioning throughout
• Haiku ceiling fans in all bedrooms, open plan living areas and outdoors
– Smeg appliances
– Granite bench tops
• Bathrooms and bar
– Granite bench tops
– Granite tiles 600 x 600 mm ground-level interiors and outdoors
– Level 1 solid bamboo floorboards
– Bathrooms 600 x 600 mm Slate tiles
• 4-bay garage with storage and carport with spaces x 2 within the gated compound
• Sustainability initiatives
– Solar energy
– 68 solar panels at 20 kilowatts reducing the town’s electricity consumption by 85%
– Solar hot water
– Rainwater storage tanks to supply the irrigation system
Our neighbourhood is very safe. I often walk after dark . There is a lovely drive up to a great lookout over Apollo Bay and the Great Ocean Road. If you are feeling energetic it is an invigorating hike from the property it will take about an hour .